There might be nothing more daunting than picking the name for your baby. It’s such a huge responsibility, deciding who this beloved person is going to be called for their entire life. However, it’s also a really great opportunity to memorialize something or somewhere that means a lot to you and your partner, or your whole family! We thought it would be fun to kick off a whole blog series about Baby Names, and we’re starting with unique baby names based on places you love!
Unique Baby Names Based on Places You Love
With so many incredible places in the world, the possibilities are pretty endless when it comes to naming your baby after a travel location.
Maybe you want to name your baby after a state?
- Arizona (Ari for short, love it! Grey’s Anatomy fans will love it, too!)
- Dakota (North or South!)
- Georgia (or George)
- Indiana (Indi for short, sooo cute!)
- Tennessee (like Reese Witherspoon did!)
- Tex (short for Texas)
Alternatively, what about the whole United States, and name your baby America?
There are some super adorable city names from the United Sates to name your baby after, too!
- Beverly (as in Beverly Hills)
- Carolina (or Caroline)
- Chandler (bonus points if you use Bing as a middle name!)
- Diego (as in, San Diego!)
- Francisco (as in San Francisco)
Want to name your baby after some international destinations?
Check this international travel inspired baby names:
- Dominica (after the Dominican Republic)
- Lille (the Americanized version would be Lily)
- Scot (or the Americanized version, Scott)
- Skye (as in the Isle of Skye)
Whatever you decide to name your baby, we are sure it’s going to be amazing!